Children just love to play outdoors. Moreover, Playing outdoors should be a vital part of every kid’s growing up years. Keeping children safe while they play outside needs some special precautions. Here are some tips for keeping children safe outdoors.
- General Outdoor Safety Tips– Never leave Children alone when they go outside to play. Teach them not to play near streets or roads. They should play in Garden or playgrounds. Make sure your kids know never to talk to or go anywhere with someone they don’t know.
- Safety while playing Sports- To avoid injuries while playing kids should always wear proper gears like supportive footwear, helmets designed for the particular sports and protective eyewear if necessary. Ask them to always warm up before playing to avoid sprains or strains and should always cool down when done.
- Safety when in Pool- Swimming is not only fun, it is terrific exercise. But Kids should go in Pool only under adult supervision. Kids should wear proper eyewear and sunscreen. Water depth should always be checked.
- Use Insect Repellent- Use insect repellent particularly if your child is outside while mosquitoes or other biting insects are active. However, be aware that insect repellent doesn’t protect against stinging insects like bees and wasps. Avoid using it on babies under two months of age, and follow the instructions closely to avoid overuse or over-reapplying. After your kids come inside make sure they shower with soap to wash off the insect repellent.
- Choose age-appropriate playground equipment: Your kids should only play on equipment that is safe for them to use given their current age and skill level. Kids should know that shoving, pushing or crowding is forbidden.
Parents should set clear playground safety rules for children and adults need to engage in active supervision in order to avoid injury on the playground. If parents keep these safety rules in mind, they can significantly reduce the chance of a playground injury.