It is the joint responsibility of child’s parents and the care givers at the centre, to make sure every child feels safe and comfortable in the classroom. This can be difficult when dealing with a child who is experiencing separation anxiety. Joint efforts are placed with teacher, child’s parents, and supporting staff to establish a secure routine that works for everyone.
Based on the studies conducted in 2018, it was concluded that 30% of the preschool / daycare going children express anxiety. If your child shows symptoms like this;
- Feels insecure
- Refuses to attend school or the day care centers.
- Complains of feeling sick.
- Does not agree to sleep without you.
What You Can Do To Help Your Child?
- Introduce your child to the school and new teachers before the first day.
- Take pictures of the front of the building, the teachers’ faces and the new cubby, and show him a few times before school starts.
- How parents say good-bye can determine their toddler or preschooler’s reaction.
- Engage your child in enjoyable activities before you leave. Make them happy.
- Stay calm when your child becomes anxious about a situation or event.
- Pay attention to your child’s feelings.
- Be flexible, but try to maintain a normal routine.
- Making up stories or reading books to help your child deal with separation anxieties can work.
- You need to make a conscious effort to develop your child’s self -esteem by complementing her and showing lots of attention.
- Recognize and praise small accomplishments.
- Plan for transitions; be prepared for last minute change or hassle.
Essence of all this is just, If the child recognizes that the environment is safe and that the people around that environment are there to support and care for them in the absence of my parents, then it will get easier.
A good Daycare provider / Professional care giver will support you to help the child feel comforted and find a way to engage them and provide a trustworthy environment to kids as most of the leading players like Aptech Montana, Cosmikids, Eager Beaver, Klay, Ipsaa, TLC, Safari Kid, CDC Kids, Little Big World, Amelio, Maple Bear. Vivero is providing.
Book a ProEves counselor session today !! BOOK NOW