It was circa 2019 all you had to do was manage school and homework. You would not have to worry about your child’s education and the future! Now the entire world has come to online education and everyone seems to provide homeschooling programs. The question about what is the right program, right platform resorts all the time.
By the way, did you find the right program yet? Or are you still taking time to settle in? Whether you have found the right platform or still looking for one, ProEves Early Learning Expert, Gunika Karla can help you with things to consider when you homeschooling your child.
What is homeschooling?
Homeschooling is nothing but learn at home or schooling at home. Often one parent indulges themselves in educating their child.
Things to Know Before Homeschooling
- You can do it: Yes, you. You don’t have to be an expert; you just have to be a proactive parent. Nobody knows all the answers and it will be good for the child to see that, to face the reality and understand that it is okay to not know sometimes and ask for help. Be creative and make your home a fun and learning environment for your child.
- Resources, resources, resources: At this age, a child’s mind is like a sponge, it will absorb all the information that you provide it. Also, remember every child is different. Thus, every child understands concepts in different ways. So make sure as a parent you are giving all kinds of simulations to your child.
- Flexibility is key: You are the leader, planner and teacher; you get to decide what to do. So make sure you listen to your child, understand what he/she wants, and nudge the plan accordingly.
2 Tips to Homeschool your Preschooler:
1. Flexible Scheduling: Having a simple structure is imperative to achieve effective learning. Make a list of the steps and goals so that you don’t get distracted. But one perk of homeschooling a child is that it encourages creativity and spontaneity in learning. So be flexible, understand the needs of the child and move ahead accordingly.
2. Make your home a fun place to learn: Be creative and provide hands-on experiences to your child by using everything you have at home for your child’s learning. Let the child help you in the daily chores, let the child play with beans instead of blocks sometimes. Use your home as a fun, creative and sometimes messy space for your little learner.
Benefits of homeschooling
1. Provides flexibility
2. Make learning fun and creative
3. Real-life skill building
4. Effective way of learning
5. Build a stronger relationship with your child
ProEves provides a wide range of classes and teaching resources. We understand every child is different and needs different approaches in teaching. So, we believe in empowering parents with the resources to help them help their children. You can discover the best preschool and school readiness virtual programs. Built and delivered by experienced preschool experts and early learning educators.
Built and delivered by experienced preschool experts and early learning educators.
Our programs are in line with the National Education Policy 2020 principles of being holistic, engaging and enjoyable.
Helps to develop Language & Number Skills, encourage systematic thinking; build spatial awareness & promote writing readiness.
All our content is delivered in byte size that engages multiple senses–gross motor, cognitive, sensory and social skills.
Available in flexible formats to meet the needs of every family.